ponedeljek, 29. september 2014

Meeting up with MICK JAGGER

Who the fuck is Mick Jagger?

Actually I was always asking this question. Well, not too loud, cuz I didn´t wanna get the »thank you for being stupid« place in our class and because I always knew who the guy was. Well, sir doesn´t have to introduce himself, because others keep doing it for him (in both ways, positive and negative) for decades.  What kept bugging me, was what makes him The Mick Jagger.  


I met this rolling stone when I was about 13 and I was on my way on exploring music and combining different music styles. It didn´t take long when one of the most extravagant persons of all times and one of the most recognized frontman ever soon became my favourite Rolling Stone. Yeah, I am a part of that half that vowed to Stones. I knew the band because it was almost like a general known fact and I kinda knew their music, but I didn´t pay too much attention  though. I took my first Rolling Stones album from trash and it soon became my favourite one. What I got was the Anybody seen my baby 1997 single and altough I´ve heard it on the radio before, listening to CD appeared to be something completely different. I decided to give it a try, listened it couple of times and then left. But it didn´t leave me. Never. Jagger´s voice was so appealing that I couldn´t turn the radio off. The solos were just enough long so you bear them in mind. What started back then with Anybody seen my baby, spread from Start me up, way up to Miss you, You can´t always get what you want, Get off my cloud, Angie (of course), Paint it black and so on. I could say there was nothing too exaggerating in his vocal, but yet his blues  goes hand in hand with his simple and descritpive lyrics. What I always liked with the Stones was also their open provocative language that described love and passion in all kinds of ways. First it seems oh my god I´m going straight to hell for listening , then you figure it out and finally you feel like okay,want a bite too! After I heard it for the first time, also the Your love is strong got me. The sound of harmonica fulfills it straight to the end and yet the guitars come really handy. Mick´s words got right into my ear and I believe straight to my heart so I couldn´t stop thinking when someday baby, we´re actually gonna meet. One could feel he is talking straight to him, right into his soul. Raspy, low vocal sounds somewhere between melanholic and thoughtful in one of my favourites Dead flowers. Stones´ sound took me in some other place in some other time and made me feel again I am so retro. The basic melody got into my ear and the last line makes a twist in the whole song but is also so sadly true. Though the composition of this piece is more country (which is actually Keith´s area of expertise), but Mick made it excellent. I can´t go on without mentioning his british pronounciation and also saying some lines out of the rhytm. He is one of very rare artists that made every line come alive. Literally one could say he feels every word he speaks without any decorations, he also doesn´t spend too much time colouring his voice. Saying every word the way he feels it got me the same way as it happened in You can´t always get what you want. The lyrics and rhytm in the intro of Sympathy in the devil may be more interesting to hear, but the choir made You can´t always get what you want one of a kind. Really funny, the lyrics are simple, the rhytm is simple, chords ain´t hard to learn, but the song is amazing. For my opinion, it beat also The great Satisfaction (for amazing rhytm and talkative lyrics familiar to either Stones lovers  and not-so-much Stones lovers ). Jagger may be sometimes even more popular for his unconnected dance style of something like ballet with disco elements that makes you feel like laughing but the next second you´re dying to know it. No matter how long you spend on learning it, you´re never gonna figure it out. And what´s missing after that is his recognized move (putting the mic behind his belt) and the show is complete. Incredible. Add his 70 years and you know you´re already a fan.  

Love for Stones practically almost made me blind and it started without knowing when, why or how. It took me with them and I was taken away like it didn´t happen for a long time. I started believing the rumours about their reputation and success and I could confirm them, afterall it´s the greatest rock n´roll band we´re talking about. After hearing Stones´ pieces I realized I heard them but never really listened to them. So when I started to, we´ve been spending all nights along and tried to catch up all the time we missed. Mick´s voice was so amazing it played in my mind all the time and his persona is still so alive I completely bought it yet without knowing how it got into my blood. It led to playing my own songs in the way I sometimes discover something similar like Time is on my side lyrics and my rhytm beats like good old It´s only rock n´ roll somewhere deep in the heart of the song. But I like it. So when I couldn´t understand all those gals passing out just when they saw him and his voice that feels so annoying, I couldn´t deny it was actually one of the most incredible annoying things I´ve heard. And I had to admit it was actually me being the loudest one shouting under the stage when I finally got to see that man. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar